I did not binge for 3 weeks. It was weird. I started on Latuda about the same time, but I do not know if that is the reason or not. I did not have as much of an appetite. Other things that might have helped include:
- Talking to my eating counselor about scaffolding and the “true/false” question I need to ask myself. I was telling her about using public transport and looking at people. I explained a woman with it all together – eyelashes perfect, beautiful diamonds, pricey accessories, petite, perfect figure, perfect clothes and makeup, etc. I pictured her going to the gym then home to a luxury condo, pure-bread dog, loving relationship, etc. My counselor told me that was bullshit. She said I made up the whole scenario in my head to make myself feel worse. She challenged me with saying “true/false” about everything I was thinking to test if I am just making that shit up. 🙂
- Money pressures – no food in house
- Water with lemon in the morning
- Somehow donuts just not coming to mind – I don’t know how I managed that
- Calling Lifeline 6+ times a day (I don’t like them, but it kept me busy).
- Making my own bread (I will talk about this more in the future as it was a great mindfulness strategy).
- Not eating ANY sugar. I found this new sweetener called Equal Next, and I love it. I think this may be one of the biggest reasons I did not want sugar
- Sparkling water with lemon and mint
- Taking meds correctly
When I fell off the wagon was when I saw an add for candy that is usually unavailable where I live. I got some, then got more chocolate, then McDonalds, then donuts. If there can be a positive from all this, it was over 3 days, and I skipped meals but still had a healthy snack after bingeing so I was not getting even more calories from meals. Instead of pretending like I had not binged and eating a normal dinner so nobody would know, I just had my snack and said my stomach was a bit off. That seemed to work.
What did not work was that my partner found some wrappers in the car and commented on it. It was a semi-criticism and semi-comment, but I do not need any of it. I am dealing with this myself and having 2 cents from someone else when I am doing relatively well is not at all helpful.